Listed below are some organizations that offer a wealth of information and additional resources.
Keep this list handy!
- AFFIRMA Rehabilitation: Covenant Care’s rehabilitative-services company
- American Association of Retired Persons (AARP): a non-profit membership organization dedicated to the needs of senior citizens
- American Health Care Association: a non-profit organization of affiliated state health organizations
- American Medical Directors Association: the professional association of medical directors, attending physicians and others involved in long-term care
- Medicare: the U.S. government’s medical plan for people 65 years of age and older
- National Alzheimer’s Association: a voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research
- National Association for the Support of Long Term Care: a national organization representing legislative and regulatory interests in healthcare
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization: a charitable organization advocating for the needs of people facing life-limiting illness
- Social Security: the official Web site of the U.S. Social Security Administration
- Veteran’s Affairs: healthcare section of the U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs website