6 Essential Vitamins for Seniors
At every stage in life we need vitamins and minerals to keep healthy. What are the most important vitamins in our golden years? Here’s a list of what our bodies may need the most:
1. Calcium: A critical component for strong bones, Calcium is needed as a foundation for a healthy body.
2. Vitamin C: A strong antioxidant which helps protect the body by fighting off free radicals. This vitamin is especially important for protecting eyesight in Seniors.
3. Vitamin B12: Crucial for memory and cognitive ability, B12 is often a concern for Seniors.
4. Magnesium: A strong immune system tops the list for many Seniors and Magnesium plays a big role in fighting off pathogens.
5. Omega 3 Fats: These include fish, eggs and dairy products. They are a great way to help keep vision problems and arthritis at bay.
6. Potassium: Need extra energy and a balanced body? Bananas are considered to be the best source of Potassium which helps keep you going!