Preparing in Advance for Elective Surgery or Therapy
If you or a loved one will be going into the hospital for an elective surgery such as a knee or hip replacement, we can help you coordinate the entire process so that the transition from that acute care setting to ours is smooth and stress-free.
Prior to your scheduled surgery, we will work with you to verify your insurance and assist you in completing your initial paperwork regarding your stay in our rehabilitation facility. Once the necessary paperwork is complete, we will coordinate with your physician and the hospital social worker to ensure that the transition of care runs smoothly.
There are multiple benefits of “planning ahead” for both the patient and their family. Having things in place for treatment after surgery helps make the entire process easier and less stressful for everyone involved.
By “pre-registering,” you can establish your treatment plan with the team of professionals who will be working with you on your road to recovery. This will let you know what to expect, to understand what programs and services you will be receiving, and give you confidence that your needs are being met even before you arrive!
This peace of mind can make your road to recovery easier and even potentially decrease your length of stay. You can even arrange to stay the night before, making the transition to surgery and back a smooth continuum of care.
We believe that your focus should be on getting well and being able to return home, not on transitioning from surgery to a rehabilitation facility.
Pre-registering for your stay with us before your surgery will allow you to:
- Develop a partnership with your physician and rehabilitation team
- Customize your postoperative recovery protocols
- Tour the facility and the rehabilitation department
- Get acquainted with your therapist and nursing staff
- Establish a presurgery exercise program
- Become familiar with adaptive equipment and assistive devices
- Complete admission paperwork prior to admission
- Select your room preference in advance