Programs & Services
At Valle Vista our healthcare professionals assess each resident and develops a specialized therapy program designed to meet more specific clinical and medical needs through our advance therapy solutions.
Choosing a health care and rehabilitation center for yourself or your loved one is one of the most important and difficult decisions you can make. You want someone who is caring, knowledgeable, and accessible. You want someone willing to take the time to go over all of your options.
At Valle Vista, our overall focus is to promote each resident’s quality of life and assist them in achieving their highest level of independence and safety.Special attention is paid to achieving an optimal outcome by establishing individualized treatment plans for each patient. If you or a loved one are in need of health care, require advanced skilled nursing services and rehabilitation, then Valle Vista Convalescent Hospital is the choice for you.
Valle Vista Convalescent Hospital believes in combining cutting edge technology with proven therapeutic programs to improve outcomes, decrease length of stay, and to get each of our guests to their highest practicable level of function and discharged to home whenever possible.
Our therapy team is made up of physical, occupational, speech, and pulmonary therapists with experience in treating a variety of neurological, orthopedic, and medical conditions, including pain management, contracture management, and urinary incontinence management. Each patient’s rehabilitation program is designed to address the specific needs of the individual in order to allow them to return to their maximum independence. Family involvement in the rehabilitation process will be encouraged because we believe that family support and education are vital aspects in providing excellence in care.
We strive to provide our community with the highest quality of service with the most advanced equipment available. When you enter Valle Vista Convalescent Hospital you enter a community of compassion. Our rehabilitation services are superior in that Valle Vista has teamed up with AFFIRMA Rehabilitation; our corporate therapy provider. Our therapists are assigned permanently to the facility, thus ensuring there is continuity in the patient’s recovery and care.
Our therapy services include:
- Weekly rehabilitation meeting involving the resident and his or her family, all therapies, the physician, nursing, social services, activities and dietary departments
- Long Term Functional Maintenance Program
- Gait, Balance and Fall Management Programs
- Rehab Dining Program
- Aural Rehabilitation Program
- Skin and Wound Care Program
- Wheelchair sizing and positioning
- Contracture Management
- Neuro-muscular rehabilitation and neurological deficit management
- Continence Improvement Program
- Specialized cardiopulmonary and orthopedic rehab program
- Orthotic and prosthetic management
- Pain Management
- Ultra-sound therapy
- Diabetic Neuropathy Program and Treatment
- Communication of Swallowing Disorders
- Stroke Recovery Program
- Safety, Home Management, and Caregiver Training
Our physical therapy focuses on identification, prevention and rehabilitation of individuals with physical impairment and pain. Following evaluation, the physical therapist develops an individualized treatment program addressing the areas of lower extremity strength, balance, coordination, functional movement, ambulation, endurance and general mobility. The goal is to achieve safety in a variety of areas including:
- Pain Reduction
- Patient Education
- Post-Amputation Care
Our occupational therapy addresses activities of daily living skills. The Occupational Therapist assists the patients in achieving their highest level of functioning, and in maximizing independence by focusing on:
- Community Reintegration
- Home Assessments and Modifications
- Adaptive Equipment
Our team of speech/language therapists provide a continuum of services including assessment, education and treatment of patients with communication, cognition and swallowing problems. Treatment programs are directed towards improving communication skills in the area of comprehension and expression. Patients admitted to the facility that are receiving nutrition partially or exclusively via a gastrostomy tube are evaluated for their potential to return to solid foods as appropriate. Speech therapists work to restore abilities in:
Valle Vista Convalescent Hospital provides both short-term rehabilitation and long-term care at the highest standards. We provide comprehensive skilled nursing care using state-of-the-art medical equipment and progressive treatment plans promoting quality care.
An interdisciplinary care team made up of nursing staff, therapist(s), resident dietitian, activities and social services develop a customized plan of care that addresses specific care needs and therapy goals necessary for the resident.
Some of our programs and services:
- Highly trained and experience RN’s and LPN’s supervise by our in-house Medical Director
- Weekly Care Planning made up by the nursing department, Rehabilitation social services, activities, and dietary
- Medication monitoring and dispensing
- I.V. Therapy (antibiotics, pain medication, and hydration)
- Diabetes management (teaching, monitoring and treatment)
- Monitoring of nutrition and hydration to include tube feeding
- Comprehensive continence management- Bowel & Bladder functions
- Catheter, Colostomy, and Ileostomy care
- Pain Management
- Extensive skin and wound care management & treatment
- Diagnostic x-ray and clinical lab services
- Oxygen therapy/ Respiratory services
- Dysphasia program
- Discharge planning
- Dental Services
- Optometry Services
- Hospice and Respite Care Services
- Podiatry Services
- Pharmacy Services
- Mental Health and Psychological Services
- Dietary Services