Programs & Services
We’re happiest when you’re healthy at home.
Choosing a health care and rehabilitation center for yourself or your loved one is one of the most important and difficult decisions you can make. You want someone who is caring, knowledgeable, and accessible. You want someone willing to take the time to go over all of your options.
If you or a loved one are in need of health care, require advanced skilled nursing services and rehabilitation, then St. Edna Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Center is the choice for you.
In 2010, we successfully discharged 535 patients back to their original level of care. That means that every day of the year, someone walks out our door and back to their front door.
At St.Edna Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Center, we provide both short-term rehabilitation and long-term care at the highest standards. We provide comprehensive skilled nursing care using state-of-the-art medical equipment and progressive treatment plans promoting quality care.
An interdisciplinary care team made up of nursing staff, therapist(s), resident dietitian, activities and social services develop a customized plan of care that addresses specific care needs and therapy goals necessary for the resident.
Here are just a few things that make us unique:
- Highly trained and experienced Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses, and Certified Nursing Assistants
- Diabetic management
- Bowel and bladder management
- Enteral therapy
- IV therapy
- Ostomy care (stable and new)
- Post-acute surgical care
- Pre-surgery registration
- Restorative nursing program
- Wound care/wound vac
Additional programs and services offered:
- 24-hour skilled nursing
- 7 Day/Wk Rehabilitation Program
- Orthopedic-Fracture Recovery
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Chronic Heart Failure Program
- Cardiac Recovery Program
- Stroke Recovery Program
- Wound Care and Skin Management
- Diabetic Management & Education
- Pain Management & Education
- Continence Improvement Program
- Contracture Management & Education
- Respiratory Specialty Program
- Ventilator Care
- Hospice and respite care
- Interdisciplinary Walking Rounds
- Dental Services
- Optometry Services
Our rehabilitation department strives to provide quality, cutting-edge services. We have a complete full-time staff consisting of a Physical Therapist, Physical Therapy Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, and Rehab Aide. In addition, Covenant Care believes in having a full-time therapist devoted solely to the management of the rehabilitation department. The Facility Rehab Director is an integral part of the interdisciplinary team which facilitates communication between therapy and the other disciplines to provide that extra quality of care that we strive for.
We have partnered with Accelerated Care Plus (ACP) in order to provide state of the art modalities to ensure the best quality outcomes for our residents. Through the use of modalities such as Ultrasound, Diathermy, and E-Stim, our therapists can better manage pain, joint stiffness and contractures, muscle spasms, muscle disuse atrophy, tissue healing, and circulation issues. ACP also provides training to our therapists on a quarterly basis for continued education and program development tailored to the needs of our residents. Special attention is paid to achieving an optimal outcome by establishing individualized treatment plans for each patient. Our overall focus is to promote each patient’s quality of life and assist them in achieving their highest level of independence and safety.
We invite you to tour our therapy department and see first hand why we provide the superior results that you and your loved ones deserve.
Progressive Services Include
- Specialized programs such as Pain Management, Stroke
- Partnership with Accelerated Care Plus
- Omnicycle equipment which allows progressive physical exercise that even very weak and deconditioned residents can use when they are unable to participate in more traditional physical exercises
- Group therapy, and Wii exercises. Including weekly rehabilitation conference on all patients
- Dysphagia Programs
- Home management and caregiver training
- Wound Management Program
- Orthotic & prosthetic management
- Specialized cardiopulmonary and Orthopedic rehab programs
- Neurological deficit management
- Gait, balance, and fall management programs
- Homeward Bound Program – designed to discharge your loved one back to the highest level of functioning
Conditions treated at St. Edna Nursing Center:
- Total Knee or Hip Replacements
- Orthopedic injuries
- Brain Injury
- Neuro-Muscular Dysfunction
- Cardiac/Pulmonary Conditions
- Swallowing Disorders
Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
All our therapists and therapy assistants are part of our interdisciplinary team of professionals who will help you define and work toward your individual rehabilitation goals. Physical therapy helps with strength and balance, while occupational therapy helps improve fine motor skills for the job of living, addressing areas such as bathing, dressing and eating. Speech therapy helps overcome speaking or swallowing difficulties. Therapy services are available for long-term residents as well as our short-term Homeward Bound patients.
Homeward Bound Program
We understand today’s senior is more active and selective than ever before. That’s why our Homeward Bound rehabilitation programs utilize the same technologies, protocols and practices as those of professional sports teams. Our licensed physical and occupational therapists have received specialized training in geriatric rehabilitation and modalities (method of treatment using state of the art technologies) in addition to all standard requirements in their field. These modalities are specifically designed to enhance the body’s ability to overcome a variety of traumas.