Huntington Park Nursing Center
July 9, 2020
As our nation, state and local community cope with the novel coronavirus pandemic, we want to provide you with this update regarding its impact on Huntington Park Nursing Center. We share this information because we believe it is important to everyone’s health and well-being to keep our residents, families, staff and the public fully informed.
Over the course of this pandemic our facility has had:
· No residents test positive for COVID-19.
· Two staff members test positive for COVID-19.
To add an additional level of protection we are committed to facility wide testing on all residents and staff in collaboration with local public health departments. We understand the importance of knowing the status of our residents, employees, and essential health care providers. In this new world of COVID-19, rest assured we are aggressively treating and responding to potential community exposures by conducting routine testing of all our residents and staff until such time as a vaccine becomes available or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) instructs otherwise.
We are working closely with the state and local health department and continue to follow their guidance, as well as guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
We have, and will continue to purposefully augment our systems with new ways to operate that will enhance protection and prevent the spread of the virus to both staff and residents by doing the following:
· Screening staff and essential medical personnel prior to entry and continuing to follow CDC guidelines of prohibiting visitors into the facility.
· Providing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) based on the staff’s respective roles and assignments within the facility.
· We have created a separate observation unit. Initially, all new admissions are admitted to this specifically designated area within the facility, where the patient can be quarantined, tested and
closely monitored for any signs or symptoms associated with the virus prior to being assigned to a standard room.
· We have designated separate wings of our facility for the care of residents who may test positive for COVID-19.
Providing for the safety and well-being of our residents and staff is our paramount priority. We especially wish to commend our staff for their steadfast commitment to the care and safety of our residents – we truly are “family serving families.”
We would also like to thank our local hospitals, managed care organizations, local police departments, fire departments, transportation companies and local businesses for the tremendous support we have been given as we navigate through this pandemic together.
Please be assured we will continue to provide you with regular updates when we have new information to share. As always, we encourage to you contact us directly if you have any questions or concerns.
We value the trust you place in us to care for your loved ones and greatly appreciate your continued support and understanding during these unprecedented times.
Huntington Park Nursing Center