Programs & Services
We’re happiest when you’re Healthy at Home.
At Edgewood Manor Nursing Center, we believe that family deserves the best, so our “Homeward Bound” rehabilitation program combines cutting edge technology with proven therapeutic programs to get our residents to succeed and back home whenever possible.
Our team of physical, speech, and occupational therapists encourage family involvement in our treatment plans for support and a truly personalized experience. Every part of a family is different, so Edgewood offers its award-winning care in several different programs and services to meet the needs of each patient.
Whether they are with us as residents or in outpatient programs, there is much to take advantage of, such as:
- IV Therapies
- Dementia Care Services
- Stroke Recovery Program
- Wound Treatment Program
- Hospice Coordination Services
- Fracture Recovery Program
- General Rehabilitation and Recuperation Program
- Pre – and Post – Op Care
Focuses on identification, prevention and rehabilitation of individuals with physical impairment and pain. Following evaluation, the physical therapist develops an individualized treatment program addressing the areas of lower extremity strength, balance, coordination, functional movement, ambulation, endurance and general mobility.
Addresses activities of daily living skills. The Occupational Therapist assists the patients in achieving their highest level of functioning, and in maximizing independence.
Provide a continuum of services including assessment, education and treatment of patients with communication, cognition and swallowing problems. Treatment programs are directed towards improving communication skills in the area of comprehension and expression. Patients admitted to the facility that are receiving nutrition partially or exclusively via a gastrostomy tube are evaluated for their potential to return to solid foods as appropriate.
State of the Art Therapy Equipment
Such as FX2, OmniCycle, Diathermy, infra-red, Ultrasound, and E-Stim, promotes superior outcomes, optimizes functional gains, and increases discharges home. We can enhance patient tolerance to traditional therapies and start treatment earlier.
Edgewood Manor’s skilled nursing facility provides both short-term rehabilitation and long-term care at the highest standards. We provide comprehensive skilled nursing care using state-of-the-art medical equipment and progressive treatment plans promoting quality care. An interdisciplinary care team made up of nursing staff, therapist(s), resident dietician, activities and social services develop a customized plan of care that addresses specific care needs and therapy goals necessary for the resident.
We also offer the following services and benefits:
- A professional staff provides skilled nursing services, 24 hours a day.
- Comprehensive rehabilitation programs with in-house physical, occupational, and speech therapies allows residents to reach their maximum potential.
- Transportation is provided for social activities with a wheelchair accessible van.
- Hospice and Respite Care
Caring and friendly employees and volunteers.
- Beautiful dining rooms with a home-like atmosphere.
- New “Fine Dining Program” with savory home style food.
Residents can pamper themselves in the newly redesigned beauty/barber shop.
- Creative activities are tailored to resident’s tastes and interests.
- Telephone and cable television in every room.
Individual patient call light system.
- State of the Art therapy equipment such as the FX2 and the Omnicycle.
- Newly renovated large private rooms with flat screen televisions.
- Recently renovated living room with big screen television.
- Received Clinical Indicator Achievement Award for 6th consecutive year.