Join the National Recreation and Park Association and Celebrate Family Fitness Day on the second Saturday of June! Family Fitness Day promotes the importance of parks and recreation in keeping communities active and healthy. Here are a few tips to help keep you and your family active this June and all year long:
- Plan activities as a family or with friends! Sit down on Sunday morning and brainstorm fun activities for the week that you can commit to. Everything is available virtually today – group dance classes, art classes, and even family yoga sessions. A collaborative family is an engaged family!
- Make outdoor time a daily priority. Practicing a sport, teaching your kids hopscotch and showing off your jump rope skills are all easy, fun ways to stay active outdoors that also fit into your daily routine. Moving the body helps activate the brain, improve mood and of course, calm down some stir-crazy kiddos.
- Keep an interactive virtual or paper calendar using fun stickers, colors and notes to keep everyone excited and engaged. Time management is a great life skill to teach your kids. Also, it never hurts to brush up on your own time management skills, and what better way than teaching them how to keep a calendar. Click here for calendar tips and printable templates from Tree Valley Academy.
- Limit screen time; you too, parents – be present! Try having screen-free family dinner, plan no screen time for an hour a day and stop screen time at least an hour before bedtime, as this interrupts everyone’s sleep schedules. Don’t forget, the American Heart Association recommends only two hours per day of additional screen time for children ages 5-18 and one hour per day for children ages 2-5.
Never Stop Learning
Set SMART goals for everyone in the group or family; yes, even your kids! Goal setting is a classic way to feel productive and empowered to get things done, but can easily feel defeating if the goals are not set the right way. Teaching yourselves how to set SMART goals will solve that problem and allow you to work through them as a family:
S-Specific and Significant
A-Achievable and Action-Oriented
R-Realistic and Rewarding
T-Timely and Trackable
Source: Adapted from “Keeping Families Active, Engaged and Learning through COVID-19 and Beyond!” written by Sara Collins, Assistant Vice President of Health and Wellness at HUB International.
More family fun! Meditation for kids
Sesame Street Monster Meditations Compilation | All Episodes
Brought to you by Headspace
Headspace and Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit organization behind Sesame Street, have joined together to help kids wind down during their naptime and bedtime routines with the new podcast, Goodnight, World! The first episode will launch on June 13, 2021 with 11 subsequent episodes launching every Sunday through August 29.
Headspace and Sesame Workshop have also partnered with Random House Children’s Books to adapt the popular Sesame Street Monster Meditation series of animated shorts into a six-volume series of board books for children ages 2-5. Click here
Check out these online resources and Apps
Check out free virtual workout classes for adults and children of all ages and fitness levels at YMCA 360. YMCA is offering free virtual workout classes for all ages and levels of fitness. Keep your body active and spirits up!
Or try this fun family activity, Click here to join the world’s largest treasure hunt!
Welcome to Principal, Covenant Care’s new financial wellbeing and 401K partner
Free Webinar Series – Webinars are held the third Wednesday of every month, 9 a.m. PST
Financial education in under 30 minutes
Your financial goals are unique and so is your path to get there. Our award-winning* webinar series is here to help along the way. In less than 30 minutes, you can learn more about a financial topic that matters to you.
Register for an upcoming webinar or catch up on your time with a library of replays.
This month’s Webinar
Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 9:00 a.m. PST
Ways Women can save and build wealth
Our June webinar is covering women’s financial wellness. You’ll learn about real steps you can take to build wealth and save for retirement. We’ll talk about setting financial goals, budgeting, managing debt, saving, and investing. Register to join us and learn tips for reaching your financial goals.
Can’t make an upcoming webinar? View a replay anytime at Principal.com LearnNowOnDemand
Winner of the 2020 IMEA Star Awards, Participant Webinars, Experiential Education category, large asset level.
Topics and dates are subject to change.
Insurance products and plan administrative services are provided through Principal Life Insurance Company, a member of the Principal Financial Group®, Des Moines, Iowa 50392.
PT436A-09 | © 2020 Principal Financial Services, Inc. | 12/2020 | 1435367-122020
- 1 ½ tsp granulated sugar
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 2 Gala apples
- Position oven racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 200F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment.
- Stir sugar with cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Slice apples into very thin (1 to 2 mm) rounds with a mandolin. Arrange slices in a single layer on prepared sheets. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven until edges are ruffled, about 1 hour. Flip apple slices, then rotate sheets. Continue baking until chips are golden, about 1 more hour. Remove from oven. Let stand for 10
Carrier News & Views
For Kaiser Members
Fitness industry leader ClassPass makes it easier for you to work out from anywhere. ClassPass partners with 30,000 gyms and studios around the world, offering a range of classes including yoga, dance, cardio, boxing, Pilates, boot camp, and more.
With this ClassPass offer, Kaiser Permanente members can get:
- Unlimited on-demand video workouts at no cost
- Reduced rates on livestream and in-person fitness classes
ClassPass is not available to California Medi-Cal members. Sign in below to access this ClassPass offer.1
Active & Fit
With the ChooseHealthy® program*, you also have access to contracted fitness centers in the Active&Fit Direct network. Get access to more than 11,000 gyms with one membership. When Kaiser Permanente members sign up for an Active&Fit Direct gym membership, they can visit any of the 11,000 participating fitness centers in the nationwide Active&Fit Direct network. Participating gyms may include Gold’s Gym, Curves, Anytime Fitness, and more.
The Active&Fit Direct program is available to all Commercial members. It is also available to select Medicare Advantage Plus members. To confirm eligibility, please call Member Services at 800-443-0815. The Active&Fit Direct program is not available at this time to Medicaid members.
Sign in below to access this special Active&Fit Direct rate.
*The ChooseHealthy program is provided by ChooseHealthy, Inc. The Active&Fit Direct program are provided by American Specialty Health Fitness Inc., (ASH Fitness). ChooseHealthy, Inc., and ASH Fitness are subsidiaries of American Specialty Health, Inc. (ASH). Active&Fit Direct and ChooseHealthy are trademarks of ASH and used with permission herein.
Kaiser Permanente members can get reduced rates on a variety of fitness, health, and wellness products through the ChooseHealthy program. This includes:
- Activity trackers — Save on activity trackers from brands such as Fitbit, Garmin, and more.
- Workout apparel — Save on clothing and accessories from brands like Skechers, 2XU, PRO Compression, and more.
- Exercise equipment — Save on equipment from brands such as TRX, Gaiam, BOSU, and more.
The ChooseHealthy program is not available at this time to Medicaid members. Sign in below to access this special ChooseHealthy rate.
For Anthem Members
Listen to theFitLife Podcast from Anthem. Click HERE for the episode on Exercise and Injury
- Headspace Meditation App
Free section- Weathering the Storm- to learn more, click here
- Calm Meditation App
Free section for all, to access, click here
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- from UNUM & Health Advocate. We are here for you 24/7 – 1-800-854-1446; www.unum.com/lifebalance – The EAP can help provide COVID-19 support, grief counseling, stress/anxiety relief, and more, and is available to all employees
- Medical Bill Saver Advantage via your EAP – 1-800-854-1446; www.unum.com/lifebalance and is available to all employees
- For the latest on COVID 19– CDC website at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
- Your Financial Life Matters (Wells Fargo) – For more help, click here or call 1-844-258-7773 for a complimentary savings or credit conversation and receive a personalized plan. Representatives are available Monday through Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Calm Meditation App
Full access free for Kaiser Members click here
Free to Kaiser Permanente members
to help support their emotional well-being.
Members can simply go to kp.org/selfcareapps and click ‘Get Started’ to register and use myStrength on their desktop, tablet or smartphone.
- Class Pass – Learn More
- Kaiser Coronavirus Hotline (available 24/7) – (877) 813-7297. After speaking with a Kaiser Permanente representative, you will be directed to the appropriate care options.
- Kp.org is a valuable resource for information and member communications, as well as a link to any telehealth services. If you havenâ€™t already done so, please register on kp.org. https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/register
- Kaiser Members- Getting Care: It’s important to contact KP before coming in. Members should call the Appointment and Advice Call Center if they are feeling sick. They will be guided through a specific screening protocol over the phone. Depending on the answers provided, the member will be directed to the most appropriate care, while protecting other members, patients and employees.
- Kaiser Virtual Care – Manage your care with kp.org
No matter what life throws your way, you can connect to care where and when you want it. E-visits, telephone, and video appointments are simple and secure ways to get care and save yourself an office visit. They even be tracked in your electronic health record. All you need is a computer, smartphone, or mobile device. Click here to get access to care.
- Kaiser Members- access to E-visits- Log in at kp.org/appointments or go to Get Care on the KP mobile app
- Member Login
- Anthem Coronavirus Information – www.anthem.com/ca/coronavirus
- Anthem Sydney Care mobile app. Download the Sydney Care mobile app from the App Store® or Google Play click here to learn more
- Anthem/Aunt Bertha social support services
Our partnership with Aunt Bertha provides you with a solution to help connect you and your family to social services in your communities if you need it. You can find services such as help with food, housing, job training, and transportation by visiting Aunt Bertha and entering your ZIP code.
- Anthem Skill – Ask Alexa for your health plan info.
Get quick, hands-free help with the Anthem Skill. Whether you need a new ID card or get curious if you’re about to reach your deductible, just say the words, “Alexa, ask Anthem…” to get quick answers about your health plan. The Anthem Skill works through Alexa-ready devices, like an Amazon Echo or on your mobile device using the Amazon Alexa app.
Enable the Anthem Skill today!
Live your best life!
Director, Human Resources and Benefits
Covenant Care California, LLC