Programs & Services
Downey Care Center is a premier quality of life and rehabilitation center for today’s savvy senior.
Located off the beaten path in the heart of a residential neighborhood, our place in the healthcare continuum is well established. We invite you to get to know us a little better.
Downey Care Center offers skilled short-term and long-term care, 24-hours a day, under the supervision of our Medical Directors or your attending physician. We provide comprehensive skilled nursing care using state-of-the-art medical equipment and progressive treatment plans promoting quality care.
Our mission is to promote the independence of our guests and the quality of their lives to the fullest extent. Guests of our centers, their family, and friends can rest assured knowing that our specially trained, dedicated professionals are providing quality care 24-hours a day.
Some of our programs and services:
- Highly trained and experienced Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses, and Certified Nursing Assistants
- Short and long-term care
- Separate rehabilitation unit with individualized therapy programs, therapy gymnasium, fine dining and transitional care rooms
- 7 day a week therapy is available
- Out-patient therapy and a community re-entry program
- Specialize secure memory care unit “The Bed and Breakfast” with a relaxing atmosphere, individualized and group activities and family style dining
- Bowel and bladder management
- Cardiac Recovery Program
- Chronic Heart Failure Program
- Continence Improvement Program
- Contracture Management & Education
- Diabetic Management & Education
- Enteral therapy
- IV therapy
- Outpatient Therapy
- Orthopedic-Fracture Recovery
- Ostomy care (stable and new)
- Pain Management & Education
- Post-acute surgical care
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Respiratory Specialty Program
- Restorative nursing program
- Stroke Recovery Program
- Ventilator Care
- Wound Care and Skin Management
- Interdisciplinary Walking Rounds
- Pre-surgery registration
Additional services we offer:
- Dedicated short-term rehab unit
- 24-hour admissions services
- Comprehensive rehabilitation programs
- Engaging activities program 7 days a week
- 24-hour lab and pharmacy services
- Custom care plans to fit individual needs
- Individualized meal plans
- Podiatry, dental, vision, and auditory care
- In-house psychological services
- Electric beds
- Therapy pet visits
- Transportation for local professional appointments and social activities
- Satellite service with over 30 channels offered
- Free Wi-Fi services
Assists residents and family members with adjustment to placement, discharge planning, for special concerns and needs.
Individualized therapeutic diets, licensed dietician consultations available, special dietary needs.
Pharmacy services, radiology, laboratory, podiatry, optometry, dental, psychiatry, and hospice needs.
Maintenance, housekeeping, and laundry services.
Getting residents back to their prior level of community function is of the highest priority to us following a hospital stay due to diagnosis such as stroke, broken hip, generalized weakness, urinary tract infections and heart attacks.
We believe that choosing Downey Care Center is a positive decision for you and your family.
Rehabilitation Patients in need of extensive therapy often find the rigors of an acute program too tiring and may have difficulty performing to a level of achievement that will sustain maximum medical benefit. In a 24-hour skilled nursing environment, in conjunction with therapy experts, Downey Care Center has designed an aggressive clinical therapy program that is both medically effective and sensitively paced to fit the needs of each patient.
We encourage maximum physician and family involvement throughout the therapy process. Maintaining independence is also a priority for our long-term residents who participate in Medicare Part B Therapy program. Residents are routinely screened to assess their current level of independence and initiate therapy services as appropriately.
Physical Therapy focuses on identification, prevention and rehabilitation of individuals with physical impairment and pain. Following evaluation, the physical therapist develops an individualized treatment program addressing the areas of lower extremity strength, balance, coordination, functional movement, ambulation, endurance and general mobility. The goal is to achieve safety in a variety of areas including:
- Pain Reduction
- Patient Education
- Post-Amputation Care
Occupational Therapy addresses activities of daily living skills. The Occupational Therapist assists the patients in achieving their highest level of functioning, and in maximizing independence by focusing on:
- Community Reintegration
- Home Assessments and Modifications
- Adaptive Equipment
Speech/Language Therapists provide a continuum of services including assessment, education and treatment of patients with communication, cognition and swallowing problems. Treatment programs are directed towards improving communication skills in the area of comprehension and expression. Patients admitted to the facility that are receiving nutrition partially or exclusively via a gastrostomy tube are evaluated for their potential to return to solid foods as appropriate. Speech therapists work to restore abilities in:
PROVIDED SERVICES INCLUDE:
- InPatient Therapy (Physical, Occupational and Speech)
- 24 hour admissions
- Creative activities and comprehensive therapy programs
- 24 hour lab services
- Therapeutic dietary services
- Podiatry care, Vision/Dental care, Auditory care
- In-house psychological service
- Training facility for RN & LVN programs
- Electronic call light system
- Transportation for professional appointments & social activities
- Pet therapy visits
The programs unique to our center:
- A Family meeting scheduled within 72 hours of every admission
- Daily walking rounds by our IDT Staff
- Concierge/Welcome program for each new patient
- Enhanced snacks twice a week (Tuesday and Friday)
- Enhanced lunches every other Wednesday
- Enhanced dinners every other Thursday
- Manager-of-the-Day on duty everyday
- Quarterly Family Council meetings
- Therapy gym is staffed 7 days a week