Programs & Services
Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center provides the finest level of rehabilitation services consistent with the philosophy of meeting the needs of those we serve.
Choosing a skilled nursing and rehabilitation therapy center for yourself or your loved one is one of the most important and difficult decisions you can make. You want someone who is caring, knowledgeable, and accessible. You want someone willing to take the time to go over all of your options.
If you or a loved one are in need of health care, require advanced skilled nursing services and rehabilitation, then Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is the choice for you. We provide excellent health care services in a homelike atmosphere and a partnership with the healthcare professionals who are dedicated to meeting your goals. You are at the first step in choosing a quality skilled nursing and rehabilitation therapy center.
Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center provides both short-term rehabilitation and long-term care at the highest standards . We provide comprehensive skilled nursing care using state-of-the-art medical equipment and progressive treatment plans promoting quality care.
An interdisciplinary care team made up of nursing staff, therapist(s), resident dietitian, activities and social services develop a customized plan of care that addresses specific care needs and therapy goals necessary for the resident.
Here are just a few things that make us unique:
- Highly trained and experienced Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses, and Certified Nursing Assistants
- Diabetic management
- Bowel and bladder management
- Enteral Therapy
- IV therapy
- Ostomy care (stable and new)
- Post acute surgical care
- Pre-surgery registration
- Restorative nursing program
- Wound care/wound vac
- Dedicated post acute rehab unit
- 24-hour admissions services
- Comprehensive rehabilitation programs
- Engaging activities program 7 days a week
- 24-hour lab and pharmacy services
- Custom care plans to fit individual needs
- Individualized meal plans
- Podiatry, Dental, Vision, and Auditory care
- Hospice care
- Electric beds
- Therapy pet visits
- Transportation for local professional appointments and social activities
- Satellite service with over 30 channels offered
- Phone ready rooms
- Outpatient Therapy Center
Assists residents and family members with adjustment to placement, discharge planning, for special concerns and needs.
Individualized therapeutic diets, licensed dietician consultations available, special dietary needs.
Pharmacy services; laboratory, podiatry, optometry and hospice needs.
Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is proud to present our Homeward Bound Program, focusing on short term rehabilitation. We have a separate, distinct unit in our facility with Neurological, Respiratory, Physical and Orthopedic based programs.
Our therapy team is made up of physical, occupational, speech therapists and restorative nurse assistants. Each patient’s rehabilitation program is designed to address the specific needs of the individual with treatment times varying from thirty minutes to three hours on a daily basis up to seven days per week. Our HOMEWARD BOUND programs help our residents return to their homes or to their maximum independence level.
HOMEWARD BOUND rehabilitation programs include:
- Cardiac Recovery
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Program Continence Improvement Program Contracture Management
- Dysphagia Management and Treatment
- Fall Recovery
- Orthopedic Fracture Recovery
- Pain Management and Modalities Patient/Family Training and Education Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Respiratory Specialty Program
- Stroke (CVA) Recovery Program
- VIP (Validation In Process)
- Wound Care and Skin Management
Physical Therapy focuses on identification, prevention and rehabilitation of individuals with physical impairment and pain. Following evaluation, the physical therapist develops an individualized treatment program addressing the areas of lower extremity strength, balance, coordination, functional movement, ambulation, endurance and general mobility. The goal is to achieve safety in a variety of areas including:
- Pain Reduction
- Patient Education
- Post-Amputation Care
Occupational Therapy addresses activities of daily living skills. The Occupational Therapist assists the patients in achieving their highest level of functioning, and in maximizing independence by focusing on:
- Community Reintegration
- Home Assessments and Modifications
- Adaptive Equipment
Speech/Language Therapists provide a continuum of services including assessment, education and treatment of patients with communication, cognition and swallowing problems. Treatment programs are directed towards improving communication skills in the area of comprehension and expression. Patients admitted to the facility that are receiving nutrition partially or exclusively via a gastrostomy tube are evaluated for their potential to return to solid foods as appropriate. Speech therapists work to restore abilities in:
The Restorative Nursing Program focuses on our long-term care population to maximize the quality of life for each resident who require a specialized restorative program. The therapy team and nursing staff develop individualized treatment plans for resident care in the areas of:
- Range of motion
- Activities of daily living
- Positioning and alignment
- Skin integrity and wound management
- Contracture management including whirlpool treatments
- Bowel and bladder training
- Rehabilitative dining
- Strengthening and restraint reduction